Shraboni Kumar Poems

Shraboni Kumar is a poet, editor, and over-voice artist by hobby.  She is the co-founder of The Lamp Post. She is a girl with a true love for poetry and classic reads. Her intense deep poems touches everyone's heart and leave a life-long impression. Her will is to make a mark in this world of glory with her mesmerizing words of poetry.

Connect & read her thoughts - @shraboni.ink







 

Read her poems here.


April Showers

Bring swarms of butterflies

Streaming across the valley

Seeking sweet nectar.

Yellow, gold and burning bright,

Red and blue and banded white

To my eyes they bring delight!

Theirs a long and arduous flight,

Here today and off tomorrow,

Floating on, bright butterflies.

To distant bowers.

For nature does things in good order.

And birds and butterflies recognize

No man-made borders. 



The Old Wives' tale

Beyond the blue,

Where raptor never flew.

I discovered something new,

That the Heavens are for true.

Beneath the Earth,

Where souls never take Birth.

I discovered something new,

                                                              that the Hells are for true.



FOREVER IS AN ILLUSION 

In her nightmares,

 She finds herself between the woods with a stranger.
 
Sitting beneath the Platanus,  

Wondering at the moonless ether. 

She mourned for her past and said, 

Every star at the sky voices a different version of the same story. 

A tear rolled down to her cheeks, 

She lost herself in the arms of the stranger.
 
She rested her head over his shoulder,  

Trying to recall the past, 

He sang her to sleep and left her forlorn. 

The moment she got her senses, 

She found herself alone one more time, 

And said memories are better than people ever were.  



 It’s just you! 

Love never made sense before you,


 The way you catch a sight.
 
I behold the love in your eyes. 


You stayed with me forever Even when you left. 


How was it so easy for you? To make it so hard for me? 


Your fragrance is still my favorite, 


My heart is still home of your thoughts. I promise.

 
I will keep one blank page in my Heart in case you return,


 Maybe this ending is not end! May be, when the time is right, 


You will find me again! 



The Steps of Heaven 

Last dusk she sat alongside the lake, 

While knocking the door of death. 

Gazing at the shimmering lake, 

The clear water mirrored the glimmering stars. 

She beheld the gloomy sky. 

While spotting the stars of her clan, 

She longed to mount the steps of heaven. 

Soon the god of death carried away her immortal soul,
 
And her corpse remained halted down the earth. 



Voice of my heart: An Ode 

I go through a mysterious pain in dark.. 

Your affectionate and amore touch leave it's Mark.. 

The swing reminds me of the starless night we shared together.. 

But for you, the past don't really bother.

 I glimpse you each night In my dream.

 Why can't you feel my love in extreme?

 It was only me who loved you this way.. 

But your love for me was far and away.. 

I know the love evaporates with the flow of time...

 But never knew my love for you will be for life time... 
 



 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post